quessociety and builder not issuing completion certificate

I have a flat in township of approximate 1000 flats. My flat was in last phase of the township and I got the possession of the same in 2014. New flats including my flat got emerged with the existing co-cooperative housing society. We have been chasing the society since one year to help in getting completion certificate / Occpuation certifcate from Builder. The managing committee of society is also chasing the builder for the same, but not able to get the same. My question is 1) can we all flat owners approach the PMC for the same? Will that option be helpful in this case? 2) Can we go straight to consumer forum to file case against the builder?

  • ansYou can issue a legal notice to the builder for deficiency of services and to give you completion certificate at the earliest. If he doesn't give you the same you may approach the consumer court for the same asking damages as well. Get it checked in the PMC about the delay for getting completion certificate. Check whether it is approved by the same. You can apply to the office if builder doesn't gives you. Alternately you can file a writ petition to the high court seeking direction to issue completion certificate.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Builder imposed a penalty of Rs 10441 of a late payment which was made by…
My mother was expire so i want my mother external property from farther of my…
Dear Sir/Madam I am going to purchase a flat in cooperative group housing society East…
My father died in Feb 2004 , he was against giving any share in property…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly