Sister not vacating property what can I do

I have my fathers property. After my fathers death he transferred this property to three children including me. In 2005 I had given part of this property on rent to my brother in law in some months my brother in law past away but his wife and children were staying in that property. We allowed them because looking at their condition however whenever we went to ask for our rent she would abuse me or my wife always. during this period she also transferred electricity meter on her name and now she is claiming that she is the owner and won't vacant. What to do know?

Answers (1)

414 votes
Without spairing time you should immediately lodged an FIR against the said person for criminal trespass and encroachment. You must also issue a legal notice. Similarly you can initiate a civil proceeding against the said person.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles