quesSister in law started construction on my property. How to stop her?

I have a residential plot in my home town in Bankura District at west Bengal,India. I am staying in Gurgaon because of my job. My sister in law started house construction forcefully in my plot. Can I send a legal notice to stop the construction through Gurgaon Court?

  • ans

    If you are the owner of the plot in question, then your sister-in-law cannot raise a construction over the same or interfere in your peaceful possession of the same. 


    However, in case she is forcefully starting construction, you need to seek a stay / injunction to stop the same over the said plot and this can only be granted from the Court having jurisdiction in the city / state where the immovable property is situated.


    As an immediate measure, you can get a legal notice issued from a lawyer placed anywhere, calling upon your sister-in-law to stop the construction. The Courts at Gurgaon would not entertain your case.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

my mother sold our fathers home and refusing to share the right to the heirs.…

I am sunni muslim our father have gifted property in 2 brothers name now my…
I am hindu by religion. Around 1997 i bought a land in bareilly area name…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly