×

quessister giving her share of the property to brother

My dad expired recently without writing a will on his 2 daughters and 1 son. My mom expired 8 years. What is the procedure for claiming the property. As I have no interest can I give no objection of my claim to my brother, if so what is the procedure.

• ansOn your father death each child has 1/3rd share in his property. If you have no interest in property you have to execute a deed of relinquishment in favour of your brother for your 1/3rd share in the property. Then your brother can apply for letters of administration from the court.

It is better to release your right in favor of your brother. You have to execute release deed for that.