Sister fraudulently inserted her in name property docs. What to do?

I along with my brothers and family repatriated from Sri Lanka under IndoSri Lanka pack in January 1982. On our arrival one of our relative handed over the land belonging to my grand father showing its boundaries consisting of 2.25 Acres dry land. Out of which, we had documents in favour of my father for 1.50 acres. For the balance .75 acre there is no documents but we have been cultivating the land until 2006. Now we came to know one of our relative with the connivance of the land officials she has inserted her name in the Govt. Chitta and Adangal as she is the land owner, where my grand fathers name was there. How I should proceed on this matter. Kindly advise.

Answers (1)

120 votes
Send your relative a legal notice for forgery of documents, fraud, cheating and criminal misappropriation of property and annex the evidentiary documents to show a proof of your ownership of the property through an advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles