Share in ancestral property.

My father has been fighting a case in Andhra Pradesh court with his brother`s daughters and their respective husbands for share in joint property which was never divided after my Grandfather`s death.My grandfather had 2 sons & 3 Daughters,out of which my father`s elder brother died in 1991 may n from there on the dispute has started. according to law here even daughters have equal rights in property so that means 5 equal shares right? but heard that grandsons also have a say in property claim. So do I have chance of claim or not?

If a person claiming from through their father and the father is deceased then the grandsons/daughters have right to approach court and claim respective shares.