quesSettlement right re-transfer in family property

I have settled one property through proper Settlement Deed to my Father in 2010 now my father wants to re-transfer the said property to me through proper Settlement Deed after retaining the life interest whether it is legally possible and whether any time limitation exists?

  • ansAfter deed of family settlement has been executed by you, your father is absolute owner of said property. I presume said document is duly stamped and registered .

    He is free to execute gift deed in your favor. No limitation period arises in such a case . However if ownership is retained by donor and possession is not handed over to done gift would be invalid . If at all your father wants to retain the property for his use he can make a will in your favor.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I evicted my tenant after a proper notice period on issues of non-payment of rent.…

I had made a house on a land which is in the name of my…

Since 2005-2006, the land has been taken over by someone illegally and he has been…
hi sir, i am mouna i wants to clime my grand mothers property . after…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly