Selling one property to two different people

Mr A has done a sale agreement With Mr B n Mr A recieved full payment over 1yr and later Mr A sell the house to Mr C wat option does Mr B has n Mr A n B Lives in same property n Mr A still has to give the posession to Mr C in mth time can Mr B file fraud case against Mr A and get a stay on the property.

Answers (3)

330 votes

Sir/madam, you should immediately file a criminal complaint against A for cheating etc. Simultaneously, you would be well advised to file a suit for injunction etc. Restraining A from creating third party interests in the property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

316 votes

Yes B has remedies both under civil as well as criminal law.
Under civil law a suit San file against both A and C and certainly the conveyance in favour of C can be stayed. As for criminal law, both b and C can file a criminal complaint on the grounds of cheating, fraud and breach of trust.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
244 votes

Since Mr. A has already sold the property to Mr. B, Mr. B must be having all the relevant documents pertaining to title of the property and the contract which was executed for sale of the said property. In such a case, Mr. A cannot sell the property to Mr. C. Mr. C has no right whatsoever over the property. Further, the contract between Mr. A and Mr. C will be void ab initio. Mr. B can file a case of fraud in case there is any hassle. Otherwise, Mr. B should just enjoy the possession of the property and get a stay for the execution of the contract between Mr. A and Mr. C.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles