×

quesSelling off a self acquired property.

I want to sell my property and give the money to my elder son. I have another son and a daughter. But as I am staying with my elder son from last 35 years I wish to sell the property and give the money to him. Property was bought by my husband from builder on my name 40 years ago. Now after selling it i want to keep some amount for myself and give rest to him. I dont want to give anything to other children as they refused to keep me. Can I do it ? After my death can other two claim amount from my elder son? I dont want any trouble for him.

• ansSince you are absolute owner of property you can sell the same, you are at liberty to give part of sale proceeds to your son if you so desire, your other children have no claim on your property.