Seller of the house now not vacating after sale. How should i proceed?

Recently I bought a house from a person through a registered sale deed. He asked to stay there for a week as his mother was having an operation done, which I allowed. But now when I asking him to vacate the house, he is letting my requests go unheard. How can I get him to evict from the house?

Answers (1)

232 votes

In view of the registered sale deed ,

Firstly a legal notice of eviction is required to be served upon the seller party.

In case of his failure to respond appropriately , necessary civil suit under Eviction Act to evict him by adopting due course of law, must be instituted before the Court of District Judge  

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles