×

quesSelf owned house by wife

I purchase a flat in my name in 2009 . My mother is my nominee. I had given the fslt on rent for 2 years. In 2010 , i got married and i moved into my flat with my husband and in-laws since their flat was too small. Now , two years into marriage and a baby, they are trying to extract money from me , my salary etc. I am now staying with my parents house but my husband and in-laws are still staying at my flat. 1) can i legally ask my in-laws and my husband to leave my flat and go to their old place ( which is retained by them) 2) can i extract my belongings from my flat.. jewellary, tv, etc.?

• ans Since the flat has been purchased by you in your name you are the legal owner thereof. It, therefore, follows that you have the right to command your husband and in-laws to leave. If they do not leave on their own accord then you may file a case for their eviction in court. You have every right to remove your jewellery and all other belongings.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services