Self owned house by wife

I purchase a flat in my name in 2009 . My mother is my nominee. I had given the fslt on rent for 2 years. In 2010 , i got married and i moved into my flat with my husband and in-laws since their flat was too small. Now , two years into marriage and a baby, they are trying to extract money from me , my salary etc. I am now staying with my parents house but my husband and in-laws are still staying at my flat. 1) can i legally ask my in-laws and my husband to leave my flat and go to their old place ( which is retained by them) 2) can i extract my belongings from my flat.. jewellary, tv, etc.?

Answers (1)

306 votes
Since the flat has been purchased by you in your name you are the legal owner thereof. It, therefore, follows that you have the right to command your husband and in-laws to leave. If they do not leave on their own accord then you may file a case for their eviction in court. You have every right to remove your jewellery and all other belongings.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles