sale of land without consultation of all the owners of joint property.

My father has expired,He has left behind some landed property. we are three brothers but no division of property has been done. my elder brother has expired.His eldest son has sold a piece of land without my or my younger brothers consent. I do not have the details of landed property left by my father.Please advise me what I should do?

Answers (1)

170 votes

Unless you have details of the land, you cannot take any legal action.

So you are required to dig out the details and after obtaining the details, you can file a suit for cancellation of sale deed and suit for declaration thereby seeking order for declaration that you are the legal owner.

You should also file an application under Order 39 Rule 1 and 2 thereby seeking  stay  that the current owner cannot sell the land.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles