quesRisk in buying porperty whose map is not approved by authorities?

I am planning to buy a 2 BHK. It is a freehold property and i can be registered in my name if i buy it. But the issue is that the property map is not approved by the local authorities. What would be risk involved if i buy such property?

  • ans

    The builder or owner was ought to seek approval of layout plan from concerned authorities before starting construction of residential or commercial building.

    Constructing building in unapproved layout will not be given permission to be occupied or such layout plots will be treated as unlawful and exemplary penalties will be levied as per Municipal Laws.

    Land which is sub-divided into plots without permission from competent authority is considered illegal or unapproved layout. No facilities such as roads, drainage, street lighting will be extended in such areas.

    Further, in case you intend to apply for loan, you will not get loan for said property.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My husband bought a property from his brother two years back as ishtadaanam. If we…
Dear Sir I want to buy a resale flat which is more than 5 years…

Is registry open in delhi for freehold 50 sq yard plot? This is in Gokulpur…

The agriculture land and house of my ancestral has been maintained by my father for…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly