Rights of daughters in father's property

I sheela, daughter of my father died in 1986 and my mother died in 2008, My father has one son and 5 dauhters. the said property is name of my father, My Father got the property by partition of grandfather's property between their one brother and him(my father) in 1964. my date of birth is 12 march 1978. my brother also died in 2013, i want my share in my father's property. how much share will i get from this property, After HSA 2005 Amendment act. From my Brothers side, they said I will get only 1/12 share from this property.is this true?

The property of your father received through partition will be treated as self acquired property of your father. According to recent Supreme Court Judgments, if the father died before September 2005 then daughters will have no right in the self acquired property of the father. The property will be distributed among your mother and your brother. And the legal heirs of your brother will have right on the share of your brother.