Rights of daughters in father's property

I sheela, daughter of my father died in 1986 and my mother died in 2008, My father has one son and 5 dauhters. the said property is name of my father, My Father got the property by partition of grandfather's property between their one brother and him(my father) in 1964. my date of birth is 12 march 1978. my brother also died in 2013, i want my share in my father's property. how much share will i get from this property, After HSA 2005 Amendment act. From my Brothers side, they said I will get only 1/12 share from this property.is this true?

Answers (1)

130 votes

The property of your father received through partition will be treated as self acquired property of your father. According to recent Supreme Court Judgments, if the father died before September 2005 then daughters will have no right in the self acquired property of the father. The property will be distributed among your mother and your brother. And the legal heirs of your brother will have right on the share of your brother. 

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles