Right to sell the property under GPA

Hi I m about to buy one property. In this case a person (95age) gives GPA to his brother son and dies after 3/4yrs. The person who gets the power of GPA who register (sale deed) the property to his wife on 2006. Can he have a right to sell the property now. Can we buy this property now. Please advice

Answers (1)

165 votes

Sorry the facts on dates are not clear.
Anyways, if the said sale by the Attorney Holder to his wife in 2006 is registered after the death of the Attorney, then the said Sale is invalid as the GPA naturally dies along with the Maker of the Attorney. So, please make sure whether as on the date of said Sale in 2006, the said Attorney was alive.
If the said registration to the wife is before the death of the Attorney, then the Sale is absolute as per the terms of the GPA, and you can purchase the property from the said Wife. If the said Sale is invalid, then you have to ask the heirs of the deceased to obtain a Letter of Administration to sell it to you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles