quesRight on my grandfathers property

my father was only son to my grandfather. my grandfather having two brothers.. after my grandfather death .. the land of 40 acres are shear equally and registered. after that my father promise me to give two acres of land on my marriage. we are two .. myself and my brother. now he is telling that i have no rights on the property that is his father property its belong to my brother only. one more thing my father purchased one flat on my mothers name. please help me it i have any rights on my grandfathers property or on my mother property.

  • ans i presume it was your grand father self acquired property . on his demise once deed of partition has been made , duly stamped and registered your father is absolute owner of his share of the said property . he can bequeath land as he pleases . only if your father dies without a will would you have 1/3rd share in property as far as mother property is concerned your mother would be absolute owner of said property standing in her name . as on date you have no rights on said property only if your mother dies intestate ie without a will would you have any share in said property

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My grand grand father was expelled from their property by their own relatives after the…

Hi, I am Sonal and my father passed away in may 2004. At the time…

Great grandfather bought property. By family settlement the property was divided between grandfather and his…
How to convert residential property into commertial property? What are the formalities to be done?

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly