Requirement of NOC from legal heirs for selling fathers property

My father had a self owned property of his own. We are three brothers and three sisters all are married. my father and mother stays with me, my father made a will before his death mentioning mother as sole executor after his death and me as sole executor after my mother's death.He has clearly mentioned in the will that none of my brothers and sisters and their issues will have any claim on the said property. I want to know if NOC is required from them if my mother wants to sell the property ?

Answers (1)

92 votes

As the said property is self acquired by your father, your father reserves the right to transfer the property to whomever he wishes, also, as he made your mother a sole executor of the property. Thus, your mother is not required to take any consent from any other family member except you because you are also the beneficiary of the same property. Thus, if she wants to alienate the property then she will require your consent and then thereafter she can alienate the property in any manner which pleases her.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles