he is forcing us to move out on the 26th .What should we do ? I will explain the entire scenario. 1) We could not pay this months rent, so he agreed to take it from the deposit. The amount we were paying was 15,000/- a month and from this month he changed it to 16,000/-. 20 Since we told him on the 15th December that we cannot pay/ the rent will be delayed, and we are ready to move to out, he took the notice from the 15th December to 15th January. 3) The amount he is going to return to us is only 8000/- that too on the 15th January.( after the deduction).

Answers (1)

429 votes
you cannot be forced to vacate the premises contrary to terms of agreement . if your leave and license agreement provides for one month notice licensor cannot force you to vacate in 15 days . express your inability to vacate at such short period . further licensor cannot make any arbitrary deductions from security deposit

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles