Remedy in case elder brothers not doing partition as per the will

We 4 brothers. No sisters. Total 6 including mother and father. I am younger one. First two brothers got married when I was at 10 year old(1991). Thereafter my parents looked after me and one brother. During this period my father bought some land intending to divide it for 4 of us. Then older two brothers gave some money in advance for buying the land. The person who sold the land gave a written note on my father's name. I am asking my parents to divide this land into 4 equal parts. But older 2 brothers intentionally excluded 4th part and divided into three parts as they gave some money in advance. (two parts for them and one part for me and another brother). My urge is, how would they take it on their own. They would have taken their money if they gave any extra. Then we were still young studying . But crossing my father's will, they are arguing. Moreover commmiting for fight. Help me in this problem and guide me. Thanking you.

Answers (1)

322 votes

You have a remedy of filing a partition suit in civil court then the court will divide the land into four equal parts and give the share of land which u deserve court will send them notice to appear in court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles