Remedy for Purchase of Land on misrepresentation by the Vendors

Our College purchased a piece of land for constructing a college building. Legal advice from an advocate was taken before purchasing the land. He was asked to look in to all Acts and Rules for suitability of the land for Construction of College. Now,it is found that the Piece of Land lie just within the boundary of East Kolkata Wetland so constriction is allowed under Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2010 and THE EAST KOLKATA WETLANDS (CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT) ACT, 2006. It appears that the Seller and the Facilitators for the land deal were aware of those Act and Rules, and our advocate was unaware of those Act and Rules. How can the college take legal action and against whom? Else How can the College proceed to Construct a College Building? The College is a Government Aided College.

Legal action can be taken by moving the case before the court of law. Construction part may also be done. But without seeing the documents, it is not possible to guide you better. There can be a way out for your problem. I don't want to guide to you fakely. I want to see your papers for the purchase of land, then only I can guide better.
It is adviced to you to take a consultation with me or any other advocate for better advice in this case.

The buyer need to come to our office with all the related documents so that we can provide you the best possible remedy. Legals steps for misrepresentation which is a crime can be taken against the seller.