Remedy for Purchase of Land on misrepresentation by the Vendors

Our College purchased a piece of land for constructing a college building. Legal advice from an advocate was taken before purchasing the land. He was asked to look in to all Acts and Rules for suitability of the land for Construction of College. Now,it is found that the Piece of Land lie just within the boundary of East Kolkata Wetland so constriction is allowed under Wetlands (Conservation and Management) Rules, 2010 and THE EAST KOLKATA WETLANDS (CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT) ACT, 2006. It appears that the Seller and the Facilitators for the land deal were aware of those Act and Rules, and our advocate was unaware of those Act and Rules. How can the college take legal action and against whom? Else How can the College proceed to Construct a College Building? The College is a Government Aided College.

Answers (2)

323 votes

Legal action can be taken by moving the case before the court of law. Construction part may also be done. But without seeing the documents, it is not possible to guide you better. There can be a way out for your problem. I don't want to guide to you fakely. I want to see your papers for the purchase of land, then only I can guide better.
It is adviced to you to take a consultation with me or any other advocate for better advice in this case.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

The buyer need to come to our office with all the related documents so that we can provide you the best possible remedy. Legals steps for misrepresentation which is a crime can be taken against the seller.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles