Remedies against unlawful demand of investors

hi.My brother in law has recently purchased a flat which was purchased initially by the investor without registering in his name in his name then. We recently have done the registration on my brother in law's name. Now the builder's office people are threatening us to pay the service tax paid by the investor else they will cancel the agreement. Moreover the sales people of the builder's office are telling us to pay the tax on present agreement which is not acceptable. Please suggest what needs to be done.

Answers (1)

83 votes

You can file a complaint in the Consumer Protection law or you can also file a civil suit if any of your right has been infringed. If there is any violation of terms of contract you can also file the complaint for the same and also you can invoke the arbitration clause of any in your terms of agreement .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles