Relinquishment deed registration

I would like to know in relation to relinquishment deed 1) documents required 2) the cost of registering 3) what exactly is the process of registering it

Answers (3)

344 votes

as per your question it reflect that you want to registered release of right deed.

to prepare release of right deed you have to approach before registrar.

if this deed is between two blood relatives nominal fees will be charged.

documents required for deed property documents identity of boath party witnesses.

more detail you contact me
Adv Sachin kuptekar
mobile number 9890 797 126

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

278 votes


Relinquishment deed is a legal document/instrument where a person legally or formally gives up or releases his legal rights of the said property being relinquished in the name of some other person. This is one of the modes of transferring rights of an immovable property.

First of all it depends on the relationship between both the parties and what rights are you releasing.

Cost would depend but the main factor you have to keep in mind is the stamp duty.

Process is the same as you register a sale agreement.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
333 votes

This is my response to you:
1. Make sure that it is blood relative giving a relinquishment deed;
2. The cost would be minimum, stamp duty around Rs.500 and registration cost of Rs.1000/-;
3. Consult a local lawyer, discuss full facts and take steps.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hello! I am a foreigner, I am going to marry an Indian citizen and move to India. I am going to buy a flat in Chandigarh. I need details: can I be the…

Read More

I want to get legal heir certificate containing the names of my wife and children even when I am alive. My children are in foreign countries. Is it p…

Read More

Hi sir .maine 2012 me mere hi ganw ke ek admi se ek plot ragistry karaya tha lekin oh mujhe jamin nahi de raha tha .is liye maine aaj tak us plot ka m…

Read More

Some people in our locality broke our unfinished toilet and bathroom we have layout made by previous sarpanch and panch the land belong to govt . But …

Read More