quesRelative asking for share in ancestral property. What to do?

We have an ancestral property(said to be belonging to my great grandmother) but is registered to my grandmother's name who has 3 children(including my father). Recently the children of my grandmother's siblings have issued a court notice and a case for their shares, but it is said that my grandmother's siblings(all deceased) already got their shares long back but there is no proof for those. What should be our next steps?

  • ans

    This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

  • ansI thank you for your query .
    You have mentioned in your query that your grandmother had expired . She is the owner of the property & also your grand mother has 3 children . Your father is one of the legal heir of your grand mother . You have mentioned in your query that the children of my grandmother's siblings have issued a court notice . If you get the notice , case No. & order copy , we can proceed accordingly. Otherwise , we have to issue a legal notice on behalf of your father to the remaining legal heirs of your grand mother Then we will file a case before the civil court . We can get the order accordingly.

    Advocate Krishna

      Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My father had agricultural land and it was not divided among heirs. He did not…
A decree of probate has passed in favour of plaintiff in 2002 by Hon'ble district…
My father is having in his name ancestral property. He has been selling part of…
I bought a flat in Jaypee Kosmos wishtown and have paid approx 90% of the…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly