Regarding inherited property

My grandfather died in 1982 with inherited agricultural land he had 2 sons and 5 daughters and wife so according to Hindu law 2 sons and his wife get 1/3 share each, my uncle died in 1995 with wife ,mother and 3 daughters does my grand mother gets again 1/5 th share again after uncle died can she transfer her share in my fathers name making will or gift certificate what happens when she dies without making will.

Answers (1)

311 votes

if uncle property was inherited property , that is ancestral than grandmother will get share. But if uncles property was separate than grandmother will not get share. your grandmother can make will or gift certificate of her share. if she dies without making will in such situation hindu succession act applies and property will devolve upon you(as you are her grandchild) and your father equally .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles