Regarding daughter's claim on father's property without WILL.

I am from Hindu family, I am the the eldest daughter and i have two siblings one sister and a brother.My father has a individual house currently occupied by my brother and sisters family. They are not ready to give my share in the property . They are occupying the house and not paying me any rent nor accepting to demolish the existing house and build three houses so that each can have their share.I have already filed a civil case . Is there any way to evict the occupants when the case is in court or can i collect rent for my share. Also my siblings are doing modifications in the house for their benefit, can i get a stay for any modification to be done.

Answers (2)

59 votes

During the pendency of the suit you can file interim application restraining them from dealing with the suit property in any way; further with respect to the rent you can file separate application in the suit seeking for deposit of the entire rent amount in the court till the disposal of the case because your right over the property is still not determined by the court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

237 votes

You have to file a succession suit in the district court for establishing your right as a co-sharer in your father's estate. In the suit, you may file an application for interim orders for sharing of rent.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear sir, We are living in a Chawl on a plot of land having around 85 houses in Mumbai which came into existence 35 years back. There are 3-4 owners o…

Read More

Respected father expired on march 2012.he left a property in kalyan I have transferred the 7 12 in my name & my 5 sisters.they have the equal s…

Read More

Actually my father had 4 male and 3female children, now my father passed away nearly 4yesrs,, but their rights is not transferred to any one, totally …

Read More

Dear Sir/ Mam , there are 2 property , property no 45/3 and property 232/60 , in this property my grandfather did a death will for his daughter in tha…

Read More