refusal of housing Society to transfer shares

I purchased a 2BHK flat in andheri. This flat is is made of two units (1BHK and 1RK) by a previous owners. There are two agreements, two maintenance receipts, two electricity bills. I had to take a loan to purchase this flat hence on both agreements first name is mine. The society refused to transfer the flat in my stating that since both the agreements are in my name as first owner, there will be only one vote instead of the two votes. Sir, kindly let me know whether society can refuse to transfer shares on this basis. If yes what is the solution to this problem.

This arrangement of buying a flat made in two units is not understood, Is it one flat? Have you executed & registered one sale deed? Please note if these are two flats in documents/papers, then you can not buy two flats in the same Society, If one flat is the ennexe of another, then you own one flat only having one voting right in the society meetings.