quesrefusal of housing Society to transfer shares

I purchased a 2BHK flat in andheri. This flat is is made of two units (1BHK and 1RK) by a previous owners. There are two agreements, two maintenance receipts, two electricity bills. I had to take a loan to purchase this flat hence on both agreements first name is mine. The society refused to transfer the flat in my stating that since both the agreements are in my name as first owner, there will be only one vote instead of the two votes. Sir, kindly let me know whether society can refuse to transfer shares on this basis. If yes what is the solution to this problem.

  • ans This arrangement of buying a flat made in two units is not understood, Is it one flat? Have you executed & registered one sale deed? Please note if these are two flats in documents/papers, then you can not buy two flats in the same Society, If one flat is the ennexe of another, then you own one flat only having one voting right in the society meetings.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

Father died few years ago, mother died 8 months ago, two sisters remain, elder sister…
i have agriculture land i want to sell it right now long years back i…
My father expired on 08/02/2017..no will..having only death certificate.now suggest me how to take duplicate…

Dear Sir/Madam we Own an Ancestral Property at Padarayanapura which is Joint Property and has…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 14 years

View all >>