Recovery of part of ancestral land sold by sisters without any consent

After the death of our father my 3 sisters sold altogether 6 cottahs of our 8 cottah ancestral land. but there was no legal agreement of the division. The selling took place 14 years ago and the buyers have erected buildings on it now. I had many personal problems which impeded me from taking legal actions against them in the past years, but now I want to get the whole 8cottah land back and am ready to pay for it . is it possible at all? and can I build a house in the 2 cottahs that are remaining while court case is going on because I don't have a house. the buyers have also already done mutation of the land .14years ago they bought each cottah for 1.25 lac how much will I have to pay f there is atall any chance of getting it back?and also what about the residential house they have erected ?

Answers (2)

238 votes

You may have the land back but for this you have to file a civil suit in the district court. You need to come to our office with all documents of the land so that we can suggest you the best possible remedy

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

it might be possible. first of all this thing cannot take without your written consent as the property is not partitioned. you have to bear the legal and court expenses. no huge lump sum money is required for this. but one thing is suggested to you that you have to move first as its a 14 year old matter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles