Property without commencement certificate eligible for home loans

I have booked a flat in a township in Avsare village Neral. The project is financed by a loan given by BOI, so the land is mortgaged to BOI. The builder has NA certificate and building plan sanction from Zilla Parishad(ZP/collector), but no commencement certificate (cc) from ZP. The commencement certificate that they do have is issued by Gram Panchayat. Why would ZP approve the building plan and not issue a cc? Would the property be considered legal and eligible for home loans?