Property in fathers and uncles name. How can I claim share in it?

We have a shop which is presently run by my brother after the death of my father in 1982. The legal papers are with my uncle. In the Municipal records the property tax stands in the name of our father. We are 3 brothers. Our uncle told us many years ago that the shop is in the joint name of our father and our uncle. My uncle and brothers are not on speaking terms with me. They are not ready to give my share in spite of repeated feelers through some persons of the town known to us. The property is located at Adampur Doaba (Jalandhar) .

You are advised to file a suit for partition claiming your and your brothers? share in the property. Even if the shop was in the name of both your father and uncle, you will still be entitled to 16 share each.