Property in fathers and uncles name. How can I claim share in it?

We have a shop which is presently run by my brother after the death of my father in 1982. The legal papers are with my uncle. In the Municipal records the property tax stands in the name of our father. We are 3 brothers. Our uncle told us many years ago that the shop is in the joint name of our father and our uncle. My uncle and brothers are not on speaking terms with me. They are not ready to give my share in spite of repeated feelers through some persons of the town known to us. The property is located at Adampur Doaba (Jalandhar) .

Answers (1)

161 votes
You are advised to file a suit for partition claiming your and your brothers? share in the property. Even if the shop was in the name of both your father and uncle, you will still be entitled to 16 share each.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles