property in brothers name can i claim it as i am in possession?

I have a property wich was aloted on my big brothers name In 1976 From the date of alot ment im residing at suit property along with my famaly we a other jointy ownd property in delhi it is also on his name then in 90s he said i dont want suit property i want only other because suit property is a ddas property and that was not .after that im living at the suit property happly with my famly nw after 40 Year he files the suit against me and saying the property is nt my its his property and court makes a stay on constrction and on selling property too

Answers (2)

152 votes

Sir, a detailed examination of all the documents is extremely important before conclusively commenting on the merits of your legal predicament. The documents relating to the DDA property as well as the documents relating to the jointly owned property require a careful scrutiny before a fair assessment can be made. There are other relevant factors also to be considered

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

135 votes

Yes you can defend our possession. The grounds that can be taken will depend on the documents that have been executed. Questions such as whether any family settlement was entered into need to be answered. Your best course of action would be to get an injunction restraining your brother from interfering from your peaceful use of the property while the dispute is being settled.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles