property in brothers name can i claim it as i am in possession?

I have a property wich was aloted on my big brothers name In 1976 From the date of alot ment im residing at suit property along with my famaly we a other jointy ownd property in delhi it is also on his name then in 90s he said i dont want suit property i want only other because suit property is a ddas property and that was not .after that im living at the suit property happly with my famly nw after 40 Year he files the suit against me and saying the property is nt my its his property and court makes a stay on constrction and on selling property too

Sir, a detailed examination of all the documents is extremely important before conclusively commenting on the merits of your legal predicament. The documents relating to the DDA property as well as the documents relating to the jointly owned property require a careful scrutiny before a fair assessment can be made. There are other relevant factors also to be considered

Yes you can defend our possession. The grounds that can be taken will depend on the documents that have been executed. Questions such as whether any family settlement was entered into need to be answered. Your best course of action would be to get an injunction restraining your brother from interfering from your peaceful use of the property while the dispute is being settled.