×

quesProperty gifted by my sister. Can my sister's son challenge it?

I have a house from my Late father, & a share of that house was gifted to me by my sister. We are the only children to my father, my mother also expired. My sister is blessed with a son & is a minor, when she gifted her share of the said house to me. Can my nephew (my sister's son) claim the share after he becomes major. Pls advice

It is suggested that your sister should gift the property to  the minor because you will have problem in selling the property until, your nephew becomes major. Also, if she gifts the property to her son, he can claim the property when he becomes major.

Assuming you are Hindu, you will be governed by Hindu Succession Act , so after the death of your sister the property will automatically devolve to your nephew.

• Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Property Legal Services