Property distribution for two wives after death of husband

My father died in accident. He had two wives, both are alive and joint family. Our land is on my father's name, first wife had one son, second(we) wife two sons. Legally property distribution based on wife or sons?

Under the Hindu Marriage Act, the second marriage is void ab initio which means that the second wife is not a legally wedded wife but sons born out of such marriage would be legal heirs. So the legal heirs are your father's first wife and her son and the two sons from the second wife and the property would be divided among them only the second wife is not a legal heir.

Advocate M. C. Sharma