Procedure to transfer property owned by parents in son's name

Hello Sir, We were a family of four people consist of My father ,Mother ,elder Brother and Myself.My father got expired in 2012 leaving my mother ,me and elder brother to survive. we have one flat in Pune where the main owner is my mother(Alive) and co owner was my father(deceased). Now my mother wants that flat to get transferred on my name. Here comes my question : 1) what are the ways and process to get this flat on my name 2)which is the cheapest and safest way to get the flat transferred on my name 3) We are now settled in U.P.Can we get this done from here(U.P)?

Your mother can transfer the flat in your name by making a gift deed. As per the stamp act in Maharashtra, there is no stamp duty on the gift deed. It is advisable to do the transfer in Maharashtra. For any further kindly book a consultancy call.

Cheapest way is to gift out the said flat by ur mother to u with consent of your brother. There is no stamp duty if the donor and donee are related by blood.
later, you have to submit this gift deed copy in the society to transfer the membership n shares in your name.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli