Procedure to transfer property owned by parents in son's name

Hello Sir, We were a family of four people consist of My father ,Mother ,elder Brother and Myself.My father got expired in 2012 leaving my mother ,me and elder brother to survive. we have one flat in Pune where the main owner is my mother(Alive) and co owner was my father(deceased). Now my mother wants that flat to get transferred on my name. Here comes my question : 1) what are the ways and process to get this flat on my name 2)which is the cheapest and safest way to get the flat transferred on my name 3) We are now settled in U.P.Can we get this done from here(U.P)?

Answers (2)

344 votes

Cheapest way is to gift out the said flat by ur mother to u with consent of your brother. There is no stamp duty if the donor and donee are related by blood.
later, you have to submit this gift deed copy in the society to transfer the membership n shares in your name.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

335 votes

Your mother can transfer the flat in your name by making a gift deed. As per the stamp act in Maharashtra, there is no stamp duty on the gift deed. It is advisable to do the transfer in Maharashtra. For any further kindly book a consultancy call.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles