Procedure to gift property to wife through the gift deed

Hi. I have a residential flat in ghansoli Navi Mumbai and would like to gift it to my wife. What's the procedure and stamp duty registration fees applicable?

Answers (1)

151 votes

1. You don't need to pay hefty stamp duty. You can call and ask your jurisdiction's registrar for the stamp duty fees. Which should be less than Rs.1000 because it is being transferred to your wife.
2. You will have to pay registration fees which is the standard rate;
3. Prepare a gift deed from a lawyer with all the necessary clauses in it;
4. Make sure the the title documents and other necessary documents are in your possession and you have a perfect title to the property;

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles