Procedure to gift property to wife through the gift deed

Hi. I have a residential flat in ghansoli Navi Mumbai and would like to gift it to my wife. What's the procedure and stamp duty registration fees applicable?

1. You don't need to pay hefty stamp duty. You can call and ask your jurisdiction's registrar for the stamp duty fees. Which should be less than Rs.1000 because it is being transferred to your wife.
2. You will have to pay registration fees which is the standard rate;
3. Prepare a gift deed from a lawyer with all the necessary clauses in it;
4. Make sure the the title documents and other necessary documents are in your possession and you have a perfect title to the property;