Procedure to get back gifted property further transferred by will

My uncle had a house property in his name, which he gifted to his wife and gift deed was registered. Now his wife has died and his father in law is claiming that her daughter had made a notarized will in his favour and thus the property now belongs him. Please guide a method to get the property back. My uncle has two married daughter.

Answers (1)

264 votes

See as per Hindu Succession Act, after the death of your aunty, the properties would have gone to your uncle's two married daughters if your aunty would have acquired the property by succession but in the present case as the property was transferred by gift deed and then again transferred to the father-in-law so they become self-acquired properties and hence no dispute can be arisen against them.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles