Procedure to claim share in fathers ancestral property

My father sold an Ancestral Property in 2016 without my prior knowledge. I am the only son and my mother living with me. What is my rights as a son. Can I claim my share as a son.

Neither you nor your mother can claim your right on the proceeding from the sold property. Your father has full legal right to sell or keep property untill he is live. You can only claim your right after his death if he doesn't make any registered will.

Your father cannot sell the entire ancestral property obtained. He can sell only his own Share if he sells your share then you have right to move the civil court for injunction application for restraining the sale of property. And you can claim within three (3) years