Procedure to claim share in fathers ancestral property

My father sold an Ancestral Property in 2016 without my prior knowledge. I am the only son and my mother living with me. What is my rights as a son. Can I claim my share as a son.

Answers (2)

127 votes

Your father cannot sell the entire ancestral property obtained. He can sell only his own Share if he sells your share then you have right to move the civil court for injunction application for restraining the sale of property. And you can claim within three (3) years

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

326 votes

Neither you nor your mother can claim your right on the proceeding from the sold property. Your father has full legal right to sell or keep property untill he is live. You can only claim your right after his death if he doesn't make any registered will.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles