Procedure of transfer of property by mother in son's name

My Sister In Law Get Love Marriage and now my mother-in-law wants to transfer our home ( which is in Mumbai ) without knowing her in the name of my husband ( Single son ) Voluntarily Because there is no good relationship with her family, in this case, my mother in law needs to take NOC from her ( daughter ) ???? or she can transfer without her NOC by preparing Git deed or will ??? is valid ??? Is in future my sister in law give any challenge to us for her share ????p

Your mother in law need not obtain any NOC from her daughter. She can transfer the property to her son in her lifetime by gift or she can make a Will in which she can gift the flat to his son. But after the death of your mother in law, her Will has to be proved in court which will involve costs. Also chances are that her daughter may dispute the Will. So it's better to transfer the flat in her lifetime to her son by making a gift deed. Presently stamp duty on gift deed for gift of residential flat from mother to son is very nominal I. E rs 200 only. So go for gift deed.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
New Friends Colony, Delhi