Procedure of transfer of property by mother in son's name

My Sister In Law Get Love Marriage and now my mother-in-law wants to transfer our home ( which is in Mumbai ) without knowing her in the name of my husband ( Single son ) Voluntarily Because there is no good relationship with her family, in this case, my mother in law needs to take NOC from her ( daughter ) ???? or she can transfer without her NOC by preparing Git deed or will ??? is valid ??? Is in future my sister in law give any challenge to us for her share ????p

Answers (1)

Your mother in law need not obtain any NOC from her daughter. She can transfer the property to her son in her lifetime by gift or she can make a Will in which she can gift the flat to his son. But after the death of your mother in law, her Will has to be proved in court which will involve costs. Also chances are that her daughter may dispute the Will. So it's better to transfer the flat in her lifetime to her son by making a gift deed. Presently stamp duty on gift deed for gift of residential flat from mother to son is very nominal I. E rs 200 only. So go for gift deed.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Dear Sir/Mam, My grandfather had sold a piece of land which belonged to his name in 2008.My grandfather's younger brother signed on the sale deed …

Read More

sir i have shopping complex given to some land r&b department for road purpose but some other people occupied above the land in front of my shops …

Read More

My grandfather has 3 sons and 1 daughter,he had a land in tirupati,and given to my mother .And now the property is under my mother name.The issue is w…

Read More

My father does not want to give me share, whereas I have invested a lot in standing of that house.My old aged Father and mother are in grip of my late…

Read More