possession of rented apartment

How to get back the possession of the apartment from the person to whom we leased 8 months back since he has not given any rent or deposit as stated in the lease deed.The said apartment is in Mumbai. He has been evading to surrender the flat &
the keys of the flat to me.

Answers (1)

238 votes
Is there any agreement as to duration of lease ? If there is no agreement you can terminate the lease by giving 15 days notice and seek possession thereof. If the tenant is not paying rent the lease can be forfeited but during the possessory suit the court can direct the tenant to pay the arrears of rent and lease restored. You can also file suit for recovery of rent and deposit as per terms of the agreement.
If the tenant has not paid the rent then he is not entitled to continue as a tenant. File a case for eviction your tenant in the local court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles