×

quesPolice made compromise. What guarantee that dealer wont trouble again?

A property dealer is harassing us for a deal that did not materialize and has even filed an FIR against us. We wanted to rent out a place and hired a lady to bring us tenants and she got 2 parties with whom the deal happened but did not get confirmed. This lady then asked for a commission of Rs. 1000 per party to which we first fought verbally but said yes to later.

After 2 days she filed an FIR and when we went to the Police Station, the inspector told us to give her Rs. 3000 and finish off with the case. What is the guarantee that she will not trouble us again if we pay?

Please help.

We need to know the contents of the FIR as to what offence the FIR has been filed and thereafter we can properly guide you.

A petition for quashing of FIR can be moved in the High Court.

In the alternative, you can pay the lady and get her to sign a settlement agreement / MOU which should contain specific clause prohibiting her from filing any other complaint with respect to the same subject matter. This agreement should be drafted carefully and we suggest that you consult an advocate for the same, and then proceed with the quashing of the FIR.