Police made compromise. What guarantee that dealer wont trouble again?

A property dealer is harassing us for a deal that did not materialize and has even filed an FIR against us. We wanted to rent out a place and hired a lady to bring us tenants and she got 2 parties with whom the deal happened but did not get confirmed. This lady then asked for a commission of Rs. 1000 per party to which we first fought verbally but said yes to later.

After 2 days she filed an FIR and when we went to the Police Station, the inspector told us to give her Rs. 3000 and finish off with the case. What is the guarantee that she will not trouble us again if we pay?

Please help.

Answers (1)

84 votes

We need to know the contents of the FIR as to what offence the FIR has been filed and thereafter we can properly guide you.

A petition for quashing of FIR can be moved in the High Court.

In the alternative, you can pay the lady and get her to sign a settlement agreement / MOU which should contain specific clause prohibiting her from filing any other complaint with respect to the same subject matter. This agreement should be drafted carefully and we suggest that you consult an advocate for the same, and then proceed with the quashing of the FIR.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles