Please assist me regarding gift deed query

This is from andhrapradesh.I have a small doubt regarding father given my house as a gift deed to my mother exactly 13 months before as on today.and due to lack of knowledge house name is not changed in Panchayat so far despite after giftdeed is completed house tax is paid on my father name we have to change to my mother name.The main problem is that my father borrowed money from some body before giftdeed .and now he is not able to pay the money to the lenders.lender proceed in the court of law and arguing that gift deed was happen to evade the money not to pay to them.lenders challenged the gift deed that house should not be sold to any body untill the problem is resolved.i hope you understand. my doubt is will the gift be cancelled by the court.will the house be auctioned by the court

Answers (1)

227 votes

AS the lenders have approached the court you need to defend your case in not getting the gift deed cancelled or revoked. you need to convince the court that you shall pay the amount to the lender and the gift deed executed should not be revoked. You can also go to the mediation center and amicably settle it.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles