Person purchased flat but not completing transfer formalities

a person has purchased a flat as second sale in coop. hsg. soc. despite repeated reminders has not completed the transfer formalities for last 4 yrs. what remedies available with manage comm to force the buyer to complete the transfer formalities. can society charge any penalty, beside the transfer fee of Rs25000 to the buyer

Answers (1)

147 votes

If person has purchased flat from member of society by registered sale deed and is not completing formalities of society then management can issue show cause notice asking such person that why he should not be expel,if he is admitted as member of society.
If person has not purchased flat vide registered sale deed but only having agreement for sale from previous member, then society can withhold transfer of share in his favour.
But society can not refuse to enroll purchaser on ground of validity of transfer deed if he is otherwise eligible for such membership as per bye laws.
Society can not charge any penalties in absence of specific clause in approved bye laws of the society.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles