Person made a written promise to give land, not fulfilled. What to do?

I have paid Rs. 275000 to a person to buy a plot 4 years ago. He has also gave me in written that if the plot will not be given by 14-12-2014, he will pay a penalty of Rs 1000/- per day in addition to the plot.

But he has not given me anything till date. So please advice me. I am helpless.

You can file a recovery suit claiming the amount of Rs. 2,75,000/- along with the penalty to be calculated from 14.12.2014 to the date of actual realization of the payment.

You can send him letters in writing seeking details of the property and you can only initiate a recovery suit once the due date has come i.e. after 14.12.2014.

However, we shall be in a better position to guide you if we could examine your agreement with him.

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli