Person doing illegal construction on DDA land. What to do?

In the map we are provided by DDA where South of our house is mentioned, it is mentioned as "Reserved by DDA for Colony".

A builder has started some construction there. I confronted the builder and he threatened us and told us to mind our own business. We complained to the police about it but it was of no help.

What can I do to stop him from this illegal construction? Where should I complaint about it?

Answers (1)

437 votes

As the property belongs to the DDA, we suggest that you file a written complain to the DDA stating the illegal construction going on the land reserved by the DDA.

And if the construction causes any trouble to you then, you can file a case for permanent injunction in the appropriate court and along with that case you can also file an application for temporary injunction under Order 39 Rule 1 and 2 of the civil procedure code (CPC).

Now regarding your query,

You can file the case in the concerned court within whose jurisdiction the property resides and make the written complaint to the DDA head office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles