Permanent injunction , granted in 2012,in Magistrate court .

I got a permanent injunction in a land dispute case by a Magistrate court since the opposite party failed appear in court inspite of repeated Vaidas in the court.Now after 13 years the opposite party has filed a civil was given a number in the court though 13 years have passed and I was in possession of the property.I have sold it 4 months ago after I got due permission from District Judge by filing Trust OP application .My query is whether the opposite party can file a case since 13 years have elapsed after the permanent injunction.

Answers (3)

55 votes

Your query is devoid of details.

It seems that the permanent injunction obtained may be regarding criminal trespass. The Opposite party may have filed a suit for declaration.

If full details are revealed, your query can be answered, please.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

287 votes

First of all a magistrate court cannot grant injunction on any subject especially on the civil matter because the magistrate court deals with only criminal cases. So your statement that you got a permanent injunction from a magistrate court cannot be believed, may be it was a civil court, or what it is, please confirm.
You have not mentioned the details of the land dispute for which you have reportedly got an injunction from a court of law. Until not knowing the details any opinion to a vague query will misguide you.
Next, you have said that the opposite party has filed a suit after 13 years, what suit?, whether it is related to your previous suit?, what is the relief he is seeking from court against you by this suit?
You say that you were in possession of the property then why did you file a trust OP case?, whether it was the trust property or your self acquired property?
Whether the permanent injunction matter and the matter of the present suit filed by the opposite party are inter related?
I am ready to clarify all your points properly as well as by giving proper citations of the settled laws too provided you furnish the information sought by me.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
261 votes

I appears that you got a exparte injunction from a civil court. And subsequently you have sold the land. The defendant would have taken a stand that he was not served with proper summons and he came to know that the property encumbrance recently (Date of Knowledge the limitation Starts). The Defendant has every right to file a suit.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles