Part of ancestral property sold w/o division and without telling us.

Grandfather had 4 sons, 2 passed away recently, one of the chacha who passed away, his wife and 2 sons name has been put on the property. Now they sold their share. Since the property is ancestral we wanted to buy it and they did not inform us anything. The property has not been divided. What to do? Don't we have share in the property?

Answers (2)

203 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

319 votes

Sir with regard to property i wanted to know wether any will is given by grand father and when did the grandfather passed way to see that wether there is any adverse possession and you say their name is put in the property how did that happen who has put their names wether grandfather or my mutation and when did this happen i require all information correctly unless i speak to the client i can give any opinion.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles