quesOut of court settlement done.cancel it and appeal again

My father appealed challenging specific performance of contract order passed against him. My father went for out of court settlement and withdrew appeal as demanded by the other party. Now my father wants to want to cancel the agreement and appeal. Will this be accepted by the court?

  • ansOnce the appeal has been withdrawn on the basis of a compromise made in an out of court settlement, the same cannot be restored or reopened in an ordinary manner. There is sanctity attached to a judgment of court which debars the litigating parties to lay a legal challenge to a judgment passed on the basis of their own unqualified undertaking given to court.

    The only legal remedy now available to your father is to challenge the decree that was passed on the basis of the settlement made between your father and the other party. If the judgment is set aside by the court then the appeal may be heard.

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

There is a property which was purchased by my grand father. After his death it…
Can a property be sold in delhi in exchange of another property? In other words,…
Property tax of a flat assessed by MCD under rateable value for the period prior…
I donot have any ID or documentation that there mentioned my late husband's name..We are…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly