Not returning land papers can duplicate documents be obtained

My father has given the land document in lieu of another land. Later, they have decided and told the other party to take their land and return our document. My father paid Rs 54000/- 30 years back for their land. They have allowed us to construct a house in their land for the amount paid. Since, we have returned their land, we asked them to return our land deed. They are not giving. Can we apply for a duplicate deed?

Answers (1)

219 votes

Yes in this case you can not obtain all the documents but you can obtain some documents which contains the name of the property holder. For this you can visit the local tehsildar office and make an application for obtaining the copy of the documents.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles