Not getting recorded my name on 7/12 registration

I have purchased and registered the Kharidi Khat in register office in 14th feb 2014 but could not submit it to Talati office in 2 years as i am in mumbai.Now when i went submit it in Talati office they not accepted and finally told me that there is court case hence we canot acccept, finally they accepted on4th feb 17. In mean time plot was transferred to other person as per court order by the person who sold me the plot as the fact of its selling to me was not disclosed to court. Now whether my kharidi khat stands legal to aquire the same plot back in my name. Please guide.

Answers (2)

254 votes

as the land was was transfered to you before the court judgement , court had no right to transfer it in third persons name .
for precise and accurate advice ,you have to provide more details about the case .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

238 votes

Dear Sir/Madam,

You will have to file a Suit for Specific Performance under the Specific Relief Act, 1963 against the Vendor from whom you purchased the Plot/Land for seeking the performance of the Sale Agreement dated 14th February 2014. Since the Plot/Land is already transferred to a third party you will have to claim compensation from the Vendor being the present market value of the Plot/Land along with the damages that have been caused to you for non performance of the Sale Agreement.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles