Non co-operation by Society committee members

I have been writing to committee for ceiling leakage in my house which is causing from society pipe line on the above floor. In spite of checking by plumber appointed by the society and confirming the leakage members do not take any action to repairs and causing damage thereby. Even committee members refuse to accept any request letter from me asking me to submit personally at the time of committee meeting. I am not a committee member. for nay issues with other society members,I am told to settle it personally as it is not society's responsibility. Is this stand correct by members ?

In order to answer your query we'll have to look into the society rule book to confirm who is liable for the maintenance of the society apartments. If your society's rulebook has any such clause that holds the society responsible for the general maintenance then you can as the society to do the needful as not completing the duties would be violation of the society's rules and regulations.

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi