quesNo written agreement with buyer. He is not paying the pending money.

I sold my land for 80 lakh. My verbal deal with the buyer by was that he will pay me in monthly installments of 20 lakh for coming consecutive 4 months.

He paid for 2 months and took the possession. Now he has the possession and 2 installments are pending and he is not willing to pay.

There is no written agreement of any sort. How can I get him to pay me?

  • ans

    If you don’t wish to continue the deal with the buyer, you can send a legal notice to the buyer asking him to pay the pending amount or else to vacate the premises, also stating if he doesn’t vacate the premises then you will forfeit the 40 lakhs in your possession and the deal will stand cancelled.


    If he doesn’t pay or respond then you can file a suit for specific performance in the concerned civil court.

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

My Grandfather is alive and has two sons. He has one property in Noida under…
I want to know about the details of documets which need for purchasing a plot…
I want my flat to be in a single name and see the best way…
My mother aged 94 years passed away in Feb 2017. She did not claim share…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly